8 Ways to Celebrate Lover’s Day
Posted on April 23, 2019
The month of April is full of some very important holidays. However, there is one not so common “special day” that is coming up this April 23rd, “Lover’s Day.” This fun day is all about showing some love to your partner and an excuse for a little romantic gesture. Forgot an anniversary? Missed the mark on Valentine’s Day? Lover’s Day can be the perfect way to recover and celebrate your loved one. From romantic wine country getaways filled with Napa wine tasting to hot air balloon rides, here are our top 8 Ways to Wow Your Date for Lover’s Day:
- With being in wine country, it is only fitting to indulge in a Napa wine tasting. Spending a weekend getaway together to experience some amazing wineries in Napa is definitely one of our favorite ideas. With the Spring weather warming up here in wine country, why not enjoy one of our Napa Valley tours at Platypus with your special someone? There is nothing more romantic than a day sipping on world renowned wine in the heart of wine country.
- A hot air balloon ride to watch the sunrise together and see the breathtaking views of Napa Valley is a must. We partner with Napa Valley Balloons to offer a wonderful hot air balloon ride + wine tour package where you’ll explore wine country from above and from the ground. After you float gently above the valley, you’ll enjoy a visit to 4 wineries and experience a lovely Napa wine tasting.
- Enjoy a luxurious adventure together with the Napa Valley Wine Train. This focal point in Napa has been a favorite for many decades for wine lovers to see wine country in a unique way. Aboard the train you can also enjoy a delicious meal as you travel through the vineyards passing by iconic wineries in Napa.
- Head downtown to the popular Oxbow Public Market, a marketplace full of local vendors, produce and restaurants. We recommend heading to the “Oxbow Cheese & Wine Merchant” and taking your glass of wine and delicious cheese board outside on the riverside deck for some great views.
- If you and your loved one enjoy some live music, head over to the locals favorite Andaz Mercantile Social bar for music and amazing craft cocktails. The intimate environment is perfect to spend some quality time with your partner.
- For a chill late night date experience, head on over to Cadet Wine and Beer Bar in Downtown Napa for a glass from their impressive wine list. Of course, charcuterie is available for some snacking.
- What could be a more relaxing way to spend your Napa weekend getaway than with a couples massage? The Spa at Hotel Yountville, a quick drive from downtown Napa, includes a full spa menu with a featured couple’s experience.
- If you and your loved one are feeling motivated to improve your golf game after the Master’s this past weekend, experience one of the many courses located here in Napa Valley area.
With these 8 different ideas for a weekend getaway in Napa Valley, you are sure to wow your date for lover’s day!