Blended Bliss: A Wine Tour for A Special Occasion
A wedding is a special event that brings together those we love. At Platypus Wine Tours, we want to offer the happy couple an incredible wine tour package that allows friends and family to experience wine country to the fullest. We’ve put together the Blended Bliss Wine Tour, so you don’t have to worry about planning a fun event for your wedding guests – we got you covered! We know wine country is a popular wedding destination and often people travel from all over to attend. This wine tour is a great activity for guests to interact during their visit, for a day before or after the wedding day itself. The Blended Bliss Wine Tour package is available form November-July.
What Happens on the Tour?
- Visit 3-4 wineries in Napa or Sonoma
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at a scenic winery
- Snack on a cheese platter on board our bus
- And taste a lot of amazing wine!
How it works:
- We will set up your personalized tour registration page where your guests can sign up for the tour.
- Your guests can reach this page when you share the link with them via your wedding website, social media accounts, or email.
- Your guests can read all about the tour and pay for their seats directly from on this page.
- We post those charges 5 days prior the arrival date.
- Registration cutoff date is 5-6 weeks before the day of the tour.
Transportation & Lunch Fees:
The tour usually begins around 10am and can end anytime between 4pm-6pm. We pick you up at your hotel or a specified meeting point. A picnic lunch at a scenic winery is included.
Winery Appointments and Tasting Fees:
- The price per person varies depending on the date, number of guests, wineries and region selected, etc.
- Tasting fees are not included in the tour price and apply at each winery. The client is responsible for all tasting fees.
- Any signed contracts required for winery appointments including credit card guarantees and cancellation fees are the responsibility of the client. Winery policies may vary.
- If you prefer to include tasting fees into the contract and pre-pay we will add as an addendum.
- For groups of over 10 people, the bride and groom’s wine tour fee is waived.
- For groups over 14 people, all wineries will require a credit card to guarantee the reservation and they will require that all tasting fees be posted as one payment. Attached is a credit card authorization form to be completed in order for Platypus to confirm these reservations.
At the reservation cut-off date (which is 5-6 weeks prior the tour day depending on what time of year your tour is), we will set aside the proper sized vehicle or vehicles for your tour, based on the number of guests who have registered.
We will continuously update you as reservations are booked and supply you with a final reservation report once the cut-off date has passed. We will then work with the guide to help personalize your tour by making recommendations and reservations at the agreed upon wineries.
A non-refundable fee of $99 will be applied to set-up the wedding link. This fee can be applied towards a guest reservation or in the event of cancellation a Gift Certificate will be issued for that value. A credit card will be required for this fee at the time of booking.
Make your wine country wedding extra special and provide your guests the chance to tour through the beautiful Napa and Sonoma wineries. Let us take on the responsibility of planning a fun and memorable tour while you relax and look forward to your special day.
Contact us to start planning: (707) 253-2723
Know someone getting married in wine country? Tell them about this fun tour package.
Know someone honeymooning in wine country? Buy them an experiential gift in the form of a wine tour for 2 with Platypus! Check out the gift certificates here.