Get Romantic with these Wine Country Events
Posted on February 12, 2020
Ready to spend a romantic getaway with your special someone in one of the most beautiful and breathtaking places in Northern California? Wine is the epitome of all things romantic; candlelit dinner with wine, sipping on wine watching the sunset, watching a movie by the fire with wine…you get the idea. Wine seems to almost always make a special appearance at date night with your loved one, so why not venture to wine country? For years Napa Valley has become a relaxing and intimate escape for couples looking to reconnect over a glass of wine.
It is only fitting that Wine Country is hosting some great romantic events and activities while it is the season of love. We have created a fun list of some of our favorite places to visit and events happening in the upcoming weeks in Sonoma and in Napa.
Getaway in Napa:
- For the entire month of February, the exquisite Calistoga Ranch Resort is offering multiple romance packages for its guests to enjoy. Truly escape to this premiere wine country resort nestled in a private canyon. Unwind with couples massages, heated pools, elevated spa treatments, and superior accommodations. Being an Auberge Resort property, Calistoga Ranch exemplifies the next level luxury and comfort.
- Begin an early morning adventure with a hot air balloon ride! Be prepared for an unparalleled experience as you see the beautiful valley from above at such a quiet hour. Take your love to new heights with your special someone and enjoy the optional brunch after the flight if you want to continue your experience. If you are looking to really make the most of your romantic getaway in wine country, opt for their balloon ride + brunch + Napa Valley wine tour package.
- Speaking of wine country tours, Platypus Wine Tours is another great way to enjoy a romantic wine country experience. Either with a private tour for you and your loved one or choose to join in on a group tour. A Napa Valley wine tour is the simplest way to have a professional tour all scheduled for you with a complete itinerary for the day.
- Dreamed of attending a private wine cave dinner in the heart of wine country? What about enjoying the ambiance of a live opera performance in an Italian castle built with the original stones from Italy? Well we have the perfect solution for you to experience both at the iconic Castello di Amorosa in Calistoga. The estate is hosting this unforgettable event on Valentine’s Day to showcase one of the most romantic nights in Napa Valley.
- Add a little surprise and mystery to your romantic trip in wine country with a mystery theater dinner at the beautiful Brasswood Estate in Saint Helena. At this wedding themed murder mystery event you will be a part of the action and tasked with trying to solve the case. Along with a show the event will feature a four course and accommodating wine pairing.
Explore in Sonoma:
- Ready to have a wild Valentine’s Day on the Sonoma side of the valley? Head on over to “Safari West’s 18th Annual Wild Jungle Love Amour Party!” Safari West is wine country’s private wildlife reserve with over 400 areas of space to visit the wild animals. On Valentine’s Day weekend they host their unique all day extravaganza.
- Add Ramsgate Winery to your list to visit on your Sonoma wine tour if you are wanting an incredible food and wine pairing. Every week, Thursday-Monday, they offer an intimate “Chef’s Table” and exclusive wine tasting perfectly paired with bites. Sip and savor every part of the interactive experience while the Chef highlights the food presentation with winery’s Single Vineyard and Library wines.
- Unwind with your partner at the Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary in Sonoma County. Their complete list of spa packages has some fabulous options, including a “Togetherness Package” for two featuring a 75 minute Swedish-Esalen couple’s massage.
- Enjoy a special couples discount for a Sip n’ Cycle bicycle tour in various wine regions of Sonoma Country. All Valentine’s Day weekend experience this outdoor activity with your loved one by getting to see a different side of wine country and visit multiple wineries throughout the day.
- Escape to even more of an outdoor experience with a modern twist on camping and the true definition of “glamping.” Autocamp offers a unique airstream camping and lodging in Sonoma county. Savor the quiet outdoors snuggled up to your loved one next to a campfire, s’mores, and we hear they also have a great collection of Pinot Noir wine!
Planning a romantic getaway to Napa is truly great for anytime of the year and is always exciting to pick out which events to attend and where to go. Creating a list of where you and your special someone is a great way to begin the planning and decide what kind of Napa and Sonoma trip you both are looking for. Whether it be a tranquil spa weekend, to wine country tours, to a complete “foodie” experience, Napa Valley and Sonoma have such a wide array of exciting things to do.