Trying to decide when the best time is to travel to Napa Valley? While summer beach vacations are ending and the kids are heading back to school, Wine Country is just beginning the busy peak season. September is the official kick-off for Harvest season here in the Valley and there are so many incredible ways to enjoy your visit to this iconic Wine Country. Whether you want to book a Napa wine tour or take the family out for a delicious meal at a local restaurant, we have created a list of some of the biggest events happening this Fall that you do not want to miss!
- Stomp! Visit Grgich Hills in St. Helena for their daily grape stomping experiences. Have the opportunity to crush some grapes with friends and dance along to music during the fun. Create a T-shirt souvenir to take home with you to remember the professional winemaking skills you learned.
- Fore! If you are a golf fan, then you will not want to miss the exciting Safeway PGA Tournament at Silverado Resort & Spa. See some of the top players in the world take the main stage at this family fun event. After golf is finished during the day, the tournament hosts live concerts on the lawn in front of the Silverado mansion. Definitely a must!
- Party! Numerous wineries in Napa as well as wineries in Sonoma are celebrating Harvest Season and inviting you to join in on the festivities. For a full list of the parties you don’t want to miss, visit the Visit Napa Valley website here.
- Tour! With so many wineries in Napa hosting fun, exciting events and tastings in Napa specifically for Harvest Season, taking a Napa wine tour is the perfect way to experience as much as possible in a short amount of time!
- Dine! With so much of the action in Harvest Season happening at the wineries, it is easy to forget that many of the restaurants in the area will have tailor made menu selections for this time.
If you need any more information on wineries in Napa or wineries in Sonoma, please reach out to us at (707) 329- 4446. We hope these five reasons help you in making your decision a yes on traveling to Wine Country this Fall! Cheers!