Join-in Wine Tours
SMALL-GROUP TOURS TO SMALLER, BACKROAD WINERIES
Join-in Tour Reservation
Join-in tours start at $119 per person, picnic lunch included.
This is the best value for exploring the wine country in a fun and truly memorable way!
Day-long guided social tour of three smaller wineries, complete with storytelling. Picnic lunch included.
- Tasty picnic lunch, served at a winery
- Lots of bottled water served on-board
- Friendly and engaging and well-informed tour guide
- Storytelling, and lots of tidbits about the wine process
- Tour visits three smaller wineries, carefully selected by your guide
- Tasting fee discounts and exclusive, behind-the-scenes access
- Winery tasting fees (usually, these fees are waived with wine purchase)
|Wine Tour Regions - Choose One||
Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, North Sonoma Valley, From San Francisco
- Tour price is $119 ($129 on Saturdays) per person, picnic lunch included
- Tasting fees extra (usually about $15 per person at each winery)
- This is a fun & social experience, but not a ‘party tour’
- We can accommodate most dietary restrictions
- Picks up at 10-10:30am, depending on your location
- Drops off around 4:30-5:00pm
- Pick-up from your hotel, Inn or rental house in most cases
- Group size is currently limited to 6-8 guests due to Covid, but would usually be around 8-12
- More information on our FAQ page
“What a great tour! James picked us up right on time and took us to heretofore unknown wineries where the principals/owners spent their valuable time with teaching the fine points of their trade. This was our first tour- we were knocked out by the regard our director had for the operators and vice versa. We had top of the line tasting events and James was a great tour director. I recommend Platypus and would gladly go again!”
Explore Napa and Sonoma Valleys
Experience world-famous Napa
Relax in Sonoma
Getaway in North Sonoma
BALLOON & WINE TOUR
FROM SAN FRANCISCO
Ferry into wine country
Join the Fun
Our daily join-in wine tours are a fun and social way to experience the best Napa and Sonoma wineries with a small group of like-minded, wine lovers! Simply choose your wine region and we will pick you up depending on where you’re staying. We visit 3 hidden-gem wineries, taste incredible wines, enjoy lunch at a scenic winery, and make friends along the way! Our knowledgeable tour guides have fostered string relationships with the wineries and can offer great deals on tastings.
Stay in the loop!
Sign up for our occasional newsletter to receive insider tips direct from our guides, plus wine country news, recipes and special offers!