Join-in Wine Tours
SMALL-GROUP TOURS TO SMALLER, BACKROAD WINERIES
Our daily Join-in wine tours are designed to show you a picture-perfect day in the Napa Valley or Sonoma region wine country. This is a really fun and social way to see a hand-picked selection of backroads wineries that you probably wouldn’t find on your own.
Tour price is $119 per person ($129 on Saturdays).
- Friendly tour guide, who provides storytelling and lots of tidbits about the wine process
- Pick-up from your wine country lodging, in most cases between about 10-10:30am, depending on the location. Drop off around 5:00pm
- Tour visits three smaller wineries, hand-picked by your guide
- Picnic lunch included served at a winery
- Lots of bottled water provided
- Group size is currently limited to 6-8 guests due to Covid, but would usually be around 8-12
- Winery tasting fees (These fees run about $15 per person and are often waived with wine purchase)
More information on our FAQ page
For groups of more than 8, please visit our Private Tour page
“What a great tour! James picked us up right on time and took us to heretofore unknown wineries where the principals/owners spent their valuable time with teaching the fine points of their trade. This was our first tour- we were knocked out by the regard our director had for the operators and vice versa. We had top of the line tasting events and James was a great tour director. I recommend Platypus and would gladly go again!”
Join the Fun
Our daily join-in wine tours are a fun and social way to experience the best Napa and Sonoma wineries with a small group of like-minded, wine lovers! Simply choose your wine region and we will pick you up depending on where you’re staying. We visit 3 hidden-gem wineries, taste incredible wines, enjoy lunch at a scenic winery, and make friends along the way! Our knowledgeable tour guides have fostered string relationships with the wineries and can offer great deals on tastings.