Join-in Wine Tours
SMALL-GROUP TOURS TO SMALLER, BACKROAD WINERIES
“What a great tour! James picked us up right on time and took us to heretofore unknown wineries where the principals/owners spent their valuable time with teaching the fine points of their trade. This was our first tour- we were knocked out by the regard our director had for the operators and vice versa. We had top of the line tasting events and James was a great tour director. I recommend Platypus and would gladly go again!”
Our daily Join-in wine tours are designed to show you a picture-perfect day in the Napa Valley or Sonoma region wine country. This is a really fun and social way to see a hand-picked selection of backroads wineries that you probably wouldn’t find on your own.
Tour price is $119 per person ($129 on Saturdays).
- Friendly tour guide, who provides storytelling and lots of tidbits about the wine process
- Pick-up from your wine country lodging, in most cases between about 10-10:30am, depending on the location. Drop off around 5:00pm
- Tour visits three smaller wineries, hand-picked by your guide
- Picnic lunch included served at a winery
- Lots of bottled water provided
- Group size is currently limited to 6-8 guests due to Covid, but would usually be around 8-12
- Winery tasting fees (These fees run about $15 per person and are often waived with wine purchase)
More information on our FAQ page
For groups of more than 8, please visit our Private Tour page
Explore Napa and Sonoma Valleys
Experience world-famous Napa
Relax in Sonoma
Getaway in North Sonoma
BALLOON & WINE TOUR
FROM SAN FRANCISCO
Join the Fun
Our daily join-in wine tours are a fun and social way to experience the best Napa and Sonoma wineries with a small group of like-minded, wine lovers! Simply choose your wine region and we will pick you up depending on where you’re staying. We visit 3 hidden-gem wineries, taste incredible wines, enjoy lunch at a scenic winery, and make friends along the way! Our knowledgeable tour guides have fostered string relationships with the wineries and can offer great deals on tastings.
Stay in the loop!
Sign up for our occasional newsletter to receive insider tips direct from our guides, plus wine country news, recipes and special offers!