Join-in Wine Tours
SMALL-GROUP TOURS TO SMALLER, BACKROAD WINERIES
Our daily Join-in wine tours are designed to show you a picture-perfect day in the Napa Valley or Sonoma region wine country. This is a really fun and social way to see a hand-picked selection of backroads wineries that you probably wouldn’t find on your own.
Tour price is $119 per person ($129 on Saturdays).
- Friendly tour guide, who provides storytelling and lots of tidbits about the wine process
- Pick-up from your wine country lodging, in most cases between about 10-10:30am, depending on the location. Drop off around 5:00pm
- Tour visits three smaller wineries, hand-picked by your guide
- Picnic lunch included served at a winery
- Lots of bottled water provided
- Group size is 8-12 guests
- Winery tasting fees (These fees run about $15-$20 per person and are often waived with wine purchase)
More information on our FAQ page
For groups of more than 8, please visit our Private Tour page
“We really enjoyed our Napa Valley tour with Jason. He made it fun and informative and took good care of us. We’ve done Napa and Sonoma wine tours before, but Platypus offered a more intimate experience with some less commercial but very successful, multi-generation wineries and we really appreciated that.
It was our first time with Platypus and our friends’ second time. It won’t be our last. The wineries were great and each spent time showing their operation and walking us through their wines, history, and processes. The wine was amazing (we ended up buying several bottles and joining a wine club, but this is all optional and there’s no pressure to do so). We plan to be back to allow Platypus to introduce us to more great wines. Highly recommended!”
Join the Fun
Our daily join-in wine tours are a fun and social way to experience the best Napa and Sonoma wineries with a small group of like-minded, wine lovers! Simply choose your wine region and we will pick you up depending on where you’re staying. We visit 3 hidden-gem wineries, taste incredible wines, enjoy lunch at a scenic winery, and make friends along the way! Our knowledgeable tour guides have fostered string relationships with the wineries and can offer great deals on tastings.