Join-in Wine Tour from San Francisco
Your Opportunity to Explore the Napa Valley!
• Winery tasting fees (these fees are significantly discounted though, and are mostly waived with wine purchase)
• Ferry tickets
• Gratuity is at your discretion
San Francisco Napa Wine Tours via the Vallejo Ferry
$129 per person, picnic lunch included
Join other like-minded wine adventurers aboard an intimate tour shuttle as we visit three charming backroads wineries. You’ll take in awesome and inspiring Napa Valley views, taste some of the world’s most celebrated wines, learn tidbits of local history and culture, chow on a scrumptious picnic lunch served at a local winery and…feel that you’ve experienced the authentic Napa Valley!
On your relaxing ferry ride across the bay, you’ll see Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island, and many other sites of the Bay before meeting up with us for your wine tour. If you want to maximize your sightseeing, fun and adventure on your wine country day, this is an awesome way to do it!
This tour will pick you up from the ferry terminal in Vallejo in the morning, spend the day showcasing the wine country for you, then return you in time for the return ferry to SF. (ferry tickets may be purchased at the terminal or aboard the vessel)
Group size is usually 8-12 guests
“Our first trip to Napa Valley was the best ever… thanks to Platapus tours and our guide Dave the napkin! We learned so much and made new friends for life! The wine… history and education we learned was Fabulous! Do it!!”
- 8:20am – Depart San Francisco Ferry Marketplace Building for Vallejo by ferry
- 9:20am – Arrive in Vallejo, check out the café and the waterfront briefly while you wait for the shuttle.
- 9:25am – The Platypus shuttle will pick you up, then collect the other guests and we’re off to see some Napa Valley wineries!
- 9:26am-4:30pm – Nothing but fun fun fun. Even the picnic lunch will be fun!
- 4:30pm – Return to the ferry terminal in Vallejo for the 4:45 ferry.
- 5:50pm – Arrive back in San Francisco.
(or just Check Availability)
Our daily Join-in wine tours are designed to show you a picture-perfect day in the Napa Valley or Sonoma region wine country. This is a really fun and social way to see a hand-picked selection of backroads wineries that you probably wouldn’t find on your own.
Tour price is $119 per person ($129 on Fridays, $139 on Saturdays).
- Friendly tour guide, who provides storytelling and lots of tidbits about the wine process
- Pick-up from your wine country lodging, in most cases between about 10-10:30am, depending on the location. Drop off around 5:00pm
- Tour visits three smaller wineries, hand-picked by your guide
- Picnic lunch included served at a winery
- Lots of bottled water provided
- Group size is 8-12 guests
- Winery “tasting” fees (These fees run about $20-$25 per person and are often waived with wine purchase)
For parties of more than 8, please visit our Private Tour page
More information on our FAQ page