Hideaway Mountainside Tour
Hideaway Mountainside Tour
This is a smaller version of our widely celebrated tours; this one visits wineries located among the hills and peaks overlooking the Napa Valley.
What’s special about this tour?
• Awesome views
• Delicious wines
• Picturesque winery estate grounds
• Tasty picnic box lunch served in an idyllic winery setting
• Friendly, personable and well-informed tour guide
• Fun group of other wine-interested guests (10pp max)
Would love to #revisit this tour!
“We had an AMAZING time on our tour with Chris! Each winery was carefully thought out and selected so we were able to see a variety of different family owned wineries each with their own individual flare. Great group and atmosphere as well! Thank you!”
(or just Check Availability)
The Hideaway Mountainside join-in wine tour is designed to show you a magnificent day in the hills overlooking the Napa Valley. This is a really fun and social way to see a couple of well off the beaten path wineries that you would most likely never find on your own.
Tour price is $129 per person.
- Friendly tour guide, who provides storytelling and lots of tidbits about the wine process
- Pick-up from your Napa Valley lodging, in most cases around 9:30am, depending on the location. Drop off around 3:30pm
- Tour visits two smaller hideaway wineries
- Picnic lunch included served at a winery
- Lots of bottled water provided
- Group size is around 8-10 guests
- Winery “tasting” fees (These fees run about $50 per person and are often waived with wine purchase)
For parties of more than 10, please visit our Private Tour page
More information on our FAQ page
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the price?
A: $129 per guest, picnic lunch included. Winery tasting fees and gratuity are not included.
Q: How many wineries will the tour visit?
A: We’ll be visiting two wineries.
Q: Any caveats?
A: Only if you are prone to motion sickness. Unsurprisingly, our vehicle will encounter winding roads high up the mountain. We’re very good about taking care and going slow through the curves, but just be aware…
Q: What are the tour hours?
A: Approximately from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Q: From where can we get picked up?
A: From most any lodging location and many vacation homes in the Napa, Yountville, & downtown St. Helena. Others may drive in and meet us in Napa or St. Helena.
Click Here For More FAQs
Q: Which wineries will the tour visit?
A: Winery locations my vary based on appointment availability for any given day. We will usually know the final itinerary at least a few days before the tour though, so if you’d like to call in to confirm the stops, please give us a call at 707-253-2723
Q: What will be the vehicle?
A: A Ford Transit van with forward-facing seating and plenty of headroom. Learn More Here: https://www.platypustours.com/vehicles/iggy/
Q: How many guests are on this tour?
A: Up to ten.
Q: Can you accommodate my dietary restrictions?
A: Most likely, yes; we have our own commercial kitchen and lunch team.