Harvest Parties & Events
Posted on August 20, 2019
It’s the most wonderful time of the year here in beautiful wine country (and we’re not talking about Christmas)! Harvest is here for most wineries in Napa and Sonoma wineries and they’re all gearing up for this busy season. People travel from all over the world to this small corner of California to experience the iconic season of harvesting the grapes that will then begin the fermentation process and lead to that delicious wine in their glass. While the valley fills with travelers looking to explore the region and all the food and wine it has to offer, the wineries in Napa are ready to celebrate.
The wineries have been waiting all year for the hustle and bustle of harvesting the grapes and seeing the fruits of their labor. If you are headed to wine country during this time you are in luck, the wineries in Napa and Sonoma wineries welcome guests to join in on the fun. Make sure to visit your favorites wineries website and social media accounts to see if they will be hosting any events for harvest and to reserve your spot.
To help with the search process we have included a list of some exciting harvest events you don’t want to miss!
- Kick off Harvest Labor Day weekend at Crocker & Starr Winery’s luxurious 10th Annual Carnivus Maximus, Sunday September 1st from 12-4pm.
- Enjoy live music, BBQ, and delicious wine at Rutherford Hill Winery’s 8th annual Barn Bash, Sunday September 15th from 11am-2pm.
- Why not celebrate the season at one of the most iconic wineries in Napa, Robert Mondavi? They will be hosting a private celebration full of delicious food and wine on Saturday September 21st 6:45-10pm!
- Have you ever been to a castle? Head on over to Castello di Amorosa for full grape stomp competition, dinner buffet, music and dancing, and winemaking demonstrations on Friday September 20 from 6:30-10pm!
- Don’t forget about visiting Grgich Hills Estate for the annual “Blessing of the Grapes” on Friday August 30th starting at 10am. Enjoy delicious wood-fire pizza, salad and wine and then take part in grape stomping, which lasts throughout their harvest season.
We hope you can make your way up to the exciting festivities of the Harvest Season – and what better way to kick off this season than with a join-in or private tour with Platypus! Give us a call at 707-253-2723 or visit our website to set up a tour and see some of the beautiful Sonoma wineries and wineries in Napa Valley.