Mark your calendars for the 2012 Napa Valley Film Festival
Posted on August 15, 2012
The Napa Valley Film Festival takes place on November 7-11, 2012, and is a five-day celebration of film, artisan food and boutique wines. This year’s Festival features over 100 new independent films and studio sneak previews, panel discussions with filmmakers and actors, wine tasting pavilions, movie-inspired menus at select restaurants, lavish special events and much more!
The annual Festival takes place on the second full weekend of November each year, the tail end of Napa Valley’s gorgeous harvest season, and showcases the best in new independent film making and world cinema. Its vision is to build community around the art of visual story-telling, with the viewing of films and discussions with filmmakers fueling lively conversation amongst old and new friends with the world-class food and wine of legendary Napa Valley as the perfect backdrop.
Each year’s Festival includes the following core components:
- 100 new films (narrative features and shorts, documentary features and short subjects, world cinema, student shorts).
- 250 or more visiting filmmakers (directors, writers, actors, producers) and industry executives presenting their films, engaging in Q&A sessions with audiences, and participating in interactive panel discussions.
- A handful of sneak previews of Oscar-worthy end-of-year studio releases.
- One or more Tribute(s) to notable film industry figures for outstanding achievements in Directing, Acting, Producing.
- Juried and Audience Awards in a variety of categories, presented at an Awards Ceremony on Closing Night.
- Screening venues clustered in walkable Festival Villages in the towns of Napa, Yountville, St. Helena and Calistoga.
- Food & Wine-Tasting Pavilions in each Festival Village.
- Exclusive epicurean adventures for Festival Attendees and VIP Guests
To learn more about the Napa Valley Film Festival please visit www.napavalleyfilmfest.org