New Year’s Eve in Wine Country
Posted on December 17, 2019
It’s hard to believe, but 2019 is nearly over. We’re entering the roaring 20’s and filling out our resolution lists. This is the time to reflect on the previous year in wine country – travel experiences, visits to amazing Napa Valley wineries and Sonoma Valley wineries, fantastic music and film festivals, and another successful harvest.
Now, we’re filled with holiday cheer and are looking forward to the NYE celebrations in Napa and Sonoma. Join locals and visitors in attending any of these upcoming New Year’s Eve festivities.
- New Year’s Eve Masquerade Ball at Castello di Amorosa: This is a favorite in wine country – a luxurious red carpet welcomes guests dressed in elaborate costume and masks, a decadent dinner paired with Castello wines is served in the Grand Barrel Room, and sweet wines and dessert finish off the meal at La Fantasia Lounge. The party continues on two different dance floors and everyone toasts to the new year. All while being in a grand castle among the hills of Napa Valley. $345 per wine club member, $395 per guest.
- NYE Party at AVOW: 2019 was a great year for downtown restaurant, AVOW – they opened up in a prime location and are now celebrating the new year! Swing into 2020 with this twenties-themed party featuring endless bubbles, delicious treats, and incredible wines from Napa Valley wineries and Sonoma Valley wineries. $120 per guest, includes all food and beverage. 1920’s attire is of course encouraged.
- Blue Note with Kenny G: Jazz superstar Kenny G is back in Napa for the New Year. After another successful year of international performances, Kenny will be bringing his smooth tunes for four nights in a row leading up to his 2019 NYE show at Blue Note. Attend the 10:30pm show but come earlier to enjoy the NYE menu filled with gourmet food, wine and cocktails.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration at The Meritage Resort & Spa: Each year, the Meritage hosts a fantastic celebration and this year it’s roaring 20’s theme! Dance the night away and share a toast of famed wines and champagne as well as a balloon drop at the after party – tickets starting at $90. Those looking to enjoy a wine country dinner before the party can attend the Celebration Dinner for $175 per person which includes an extensive buffet and incredible wines from Napa Valley wineries and Sonoma Valley wineries – after party entrance is included. If you really want an upgrade, the Winemaker’s Dinner featuring Trinitas Cellars will be happening in the Estate Cave. This dinner includes a gourmet meal paired with Trinitas wines and complimentary admission to the after party, $285.
- Napa Noodles New Years Eve Party: Dance into 2020 and say goodbye to 2019 at Napa Noodles with DJ AJB. This one is easier on the wallet with only $10 cover charge. You can skip the line by purchasing tickets online and enjoy the midnight balloon drop as well as the Sparkling Toast at midnight!
- Make it a Napa New Year’s Eve: Raising a Glass to 2020 at Archer Hotel Napa: Celebrate NYE in downtown Napa. Three floors of live music, casino games, raffles, photo booths, and expansive food stations and full bars. All inclusive – $175 per person.
- Cadet NYE Bash in Napa: Head to Cadet Wine Bar in downtown Napa for some serious fun. DJ Anthony will be blasting the tunes so you can eat, drink, and dance all night long. $20 tickets available online to ensure your spot – walk ins are limited.
- Bubbles & Bow Ties New Year’s Eve Party at Carneros Resort and Spa: Dance, drink, eat, and be merry at this fantastic party by Carneros Resort. An open bar with wine, beer, and cocktails will keep you happy all night. Live music by Brass Animals band will bring about hip-hop, New Orleans funk, pop, and R&B. Enjoy caviar bumps, late night bites, and signature desserts by critically acclaimed chefs. Endless bubbles, champagne towers, what more can you need? $200 per person, tickets are limited.
- Family Style New Year’s Eve at First Christian Church: This Free NYE community event is the perfect place for families to ring in the new year. Enjoy hands-on fun with Frozen themed indoor snow play room, a popcorn bar, family game room, preschool play zone, DIY family projects, and selfie stations. Audience participation games, music, and prizes plus a mega balloon drop and glow stick dance party. Reserve your family’s spot early!
- Rockin’ New Years Eve Party at Flamingo Resort and Spa: Enjoy this annual event with UB707 performing high energy R&B/soul music in the grand ballroom ($60), and DJs Primo & Ousa spinning tunes in the Lounge. Come in your finest cocktail attire, then dance, eat, drink, and have a blast!
These are just a few of the many NYE parties in the area. Celebrations are happening at most local bars, restaurants, hotels, Napa Valley wineries and Sonoma Valley wineries! Check out more NYE events on the Visit Napa Valley website.
Here at Platypus Wine Tours, we’re looking back on 2019 and feeling grateful to all those who joined us on a Napa winery tour or Sonoma wine tour. Together, we discovered Northern California’s beautiful wine country and its incredible wineries that produce that delicious juice. Thank you to our staff who works hard every day and made this year another one we surely won’t forget.
Happy New Year! May 2020 bring you joy, laughter, and new adventures!