As Thanksgiving nears, we begin pondering those gatherings with family and friends to give thanks for all your blessings and enjoy the traditional food and drink.
But, as most of us know, these beautiful experiences all add up to an enormous amount of hard work and preparation.
This year, for a change of pace, think about Thanksgiving in Wine Country California, where you can spend more of your time enjoying and interacting with loved ones while eliminating those long hours, hassle, and worry. This year, let others will do all the prep, decorating, cooking, and cleanup.
Whether you are the one who usually does the work or one who watches the work being done, why not take your Thanksgiving show on the road for a long weekend in Napa Valley and Sonoma County?
Let someone else do the work for a change while you and your group enjoy the delightful sights, sounds, and flavors of California’s magnificent wine country during an extended visit.
Options for Thanksgiving Dining in Napa Valley and Sonoma County
Check out some of the restaurants that will be open on November 25 to serve brunch, lunch, or dinner on Thanksgiving Day:
- LaToque Napa Valley: A perennial Michelin Star and Wine Spectator Award winner, Napa’s La Toque will be offering a Thanksgiving Dinner with seating starting at 1:00 PM through a final seating at 5:00 PM. Chef Ken will be offering slow-roasted free-range turkey with specially prepared traditional and perfectly paired wine.
- Angéle Restaurant and Bar, Napa: Perhaps a “French twist” is in order for this year’s Thanksgiving celebration. Angéle Restaurant and Bar will present a Provenҫal Thanksgiving Feast with a choice of either Roasted Heritage Turkey or Boeuf Bourguignon along with a broad array of exciting and healthful sides.
- Meritage Resort: A world-class resort and hotel, Meritage will be presenting a Thanksgiving Bruch complete with Truffle Turkey Breast and Crusted Prime Rib along with some truly decadent desserts.
- Blossom Catering: Dine where you choose by ordering a “take-out” or delivered Thanksgiving Dinner from Blossom. You can select from a full menu of chef-prepared turkey and stuffing, potatoes, yams, and, of course, pumpkin pie and other traditional fare.
- Wit&Wisdom of Sonoma County: Wit&Wisdom offers Thanksgiving Brunch and lunch for dining out. If you prefer to celebrate elsewhere, a special Take-and-Bake dinner for six consists of all the traditional Thanksgiving food and sauces.
Wine Country Tours with Platypus
A fully curated Wine Country Tour by Platypus Wine Tours should be part of your schedule if you are in for the weekend. You can plan to visit some of the best Napa, Rutherford, Yountville, or St. Helena wineries or some of the top Sonoma County wineries a day or so following your delightful Thanksgiving lunch or dinner.
Wine Country tours with Platypus Wine Tours are delightful, educational, and safe, offering the best wine country tours anywhere. Following a day of food and fun, you can enjoy an outing among the beautiful vineyards and wineries while learning about winemaking and grape growing in the region from the knowledgeable and entertaining Platypus Guides.
To make your Thanksgiving weekend even more memorable, arrange a private wine country tour for your group. You can work with Platypus Wine Tours to fashion the wine tour that works best for you and your group.