Are you looking to escape to a summit in Napa and take in the scenery of the valley below? Travelling to one of our Mountain wineries is an adventure. Once you arrive, you will find that these back roads wineries offer genuine hospitality and delicious wines.
1. Hans Fahden– Hans Fahden is nestled 1200 feet above Napa and Sonoma Valley in the Mayacamas Mountains and a favorite stop on our join-in tour. Guests meander through the caves partaking in a little bit of family history as the Fahden Family established operations in 1912.
2. Keenan-Near the top of Spring Mountain in Napa Valley are forty-eight acres of vineyards and an old stone winery. Family owned and operated since 1977, Keenan offers a very warm and relaxed environment. Keenan has been known for making small lots of intense, concentrated Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, and Zinfandel
3. Bremer Family Winery– Located in the Howell Mountain of the Napa Valley, Bremer Family Winery strategically chose this place because this AVA is known for its Bordeaux varietals and Zinfandels. Howell Mountain consists mostly of volcanic rock, with poor drainage systems which stresses the vines out creating higher quality-low yielding fruit. Bremer Family Winery is a favorite of our Private Tour Manager, Abbey.
4. Hess Collection-Established in 1978 and located in Mount Veeder above the Napa Valley, Hess Collection offers a unique place for a renowned contemporary art collection and tasting experience. Donald Hess has been collecting art since 1966 and the winery houses part of his collection.
5. Nichelini Family Winery-Established in 1890, the Nichelini Family has continuously owned and operated this winery located in the Chiles Valley District of Napa Valley. Winemaker Aimee Sunseri, a fifth generation Nichelini, is the winery’s seventh family winemaker. In the past few years, this winery has been threatened by wildfire but ultimately saved because of the families efforts in fire prevention.
6. Antica Winery – Twenty-six generations of the Antinori family wine making history is in the Italian wine growing regions of Tuscany and Umbria. They offer some of the most highly recognized wines of Italy. The Antinori family traveled to the Napa Valley to find this 1210-acre estate located in the Atlas Peak region of Napa Valley. Atlas Peak has an altitude of 2700 feet. Visit the winery and taste their estate grown wines.
7. Jericho Canyon Vineyard-Located in the shadow of Mount St. Helena, this family owned winery specializes in Bordeaux style varietals including Estate Cabernet, Merlot and Cabernet Franc. The winery is very limited in the guests it sees at the winery each day.
Are you looking to escape to a summit in Napa?
If you are looking to enjoy delicious wine and beautiful scenery, Platypus Wine Tours is the place for you! Choose between our Private Tour or our Join-in Tours, and see what’s best for you.