It’s Holiday Season! For many of us, a turkey will be served, likely for that family Thanksgiving Dinner and possibly during the Christmas and New Year seasons.
Usually, we end up with some leftover turkey and may be looking for delicious and easy-to-make recipe options. Or you might be craving another cold-weather soup option to serve your family or guests.
The culinary crew at Platypus Wine Tours in Napa, the premier wine tour company for Napa Valley and Sonoma County, often receives requests from Tour guests to share some of their more popular recipes.
One of the popular dishes is the Platypus Wine Tours’ Turkey and Brown Rice Soup, a practical and tasty option and a definite favorite among guests and staff.
Here’s how to make it:
- 1 Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 6 Celery Stalks (Rough Chop)
- 2 Carrots (Quartered and Chopped)
- 3 Tbsp. Garlic (Fine Chopped)
- 2 lbs. Diced Cooked or Raw Turkey (also may be ground turkey rolled into meatballs)
- 2 Cups of Brown Rice
- 4 Tbsp. Quinoa (may use Chia instead or combined with Quinoa)
- 1 Tomato, diced small
- 2 Tbsp. Rosemary (Can be fresh or dried)
- Mix the ingredients with the vegetables.
- Lightly cook for 4 minutes, then add 4 quarts of water and let simmer. Add more water if needed since the rice will absorb a percentage, and more will evaporate during the cooking process.
- Simmer for 2 hours on a low boil.
- Finish with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of Italian Seasoning.
The soup is best if you allow it to cool down, refrigerate, and reheat it the following day. However, serve it immediately, if you prefer, and your guests will surely love it!
Plan Your Wine Country California Tour with Platypus Wine Tours
Fun, educational, and safe, the best way to enjoy the wine and food of Napa Valley or Sonoma Wine Country California is with a Platypus Wine Tours excursion of select boutique wineries throughout the region.
Guests can reserve their places for a Join-in tour or a private tour for couples and groups. Travel safely and worry-free through the beautiful Wine Country California countryside in a modern, well-equipped van while enjoying the professional commentary of your guide and the dialogue with other participants.
Visit the wineries and learn more about the vineyard-to-bottle magic that underscores the excellence of the wines throughout Wine Country California.
To learn more and to make your reservations for a future wine tour, visit the Platypus Wine Tour website.
If you have questions or wish to discuss a private outing, phone Platypus Wine Tours at (707-253-2723.