Recipe: Summer Salmon Cakes
Posted on June 12, 2020
Summer is here and which means it’s all about seafood and white wine. As the weather continues to warm up, we’re bringing you the perfect recipe for a light lunch on a sunny patio, or romantic dinner under the stars. And of course, these salmon cakes pair perfectly with a lovely California white wine or even a lightly chilled Pinot Noir.
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
GATHER THESE INGREDIENTS
- 12-16 oz salmon fillets
- ¼ cup bell pepper, diced small
- ¼ cup scallions, minced
- ¼ cup fine bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard of your choice
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon or dill, stems removed, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- For the salmon, remove skin and bones if present. Roughly dice or pulse salmon meat in food processor.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except olive oil. Mix well and form into equal sized patties; 4 to 6 patties.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of oil and add salmon cakes.
- Cook until lightly browned on both sides; approx. 10-12 minutes total. Reduce heat to avoid over-browning. Remove from heat to a platter. Garnish with any remaining herbs.
- Tip: serve with a little tartar sauce. Don’t have any on hand? Mix 3 tbsp of mayonnaise with 1-2 tbsp chopped pickle of your choice. Enjoy!
Try this at home and let us know what you think. Share your creation and your pairing choice on social media and tag us!