Join-In Wine Tours from San Francisco
Join other wine adventurers aboard an intimate limousine bus as we visit four Napa Valley wineries rich in charm and history. You’ll take in awesome and inspiring Napa Valley views, taste some of the world’s finest wines, learn tidbits of local history and culture, dine on a scrumptious picnic lunch served at a local winery and…feel that you’ve experienced the real Napa Valley!
Enjoy a relaxing ferry ride across the bay as you pass by Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island and many other sites of the Bay, before beginning your wine tour. We truly want you to maximize your sightseeing and relaxation on your wine tour adventure and this is a great way to do it.
Platypus Wine Tours dispatches a bus down to the Vallejo Ferry Terminal to pick up parties of any number for our wine tours. During our high season, (May 1- November, 10th), this occurs on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Off-season, (November 11-April 30), it occurs on Mondays and Thursdays. If you really need this service on some other day of the week, please give us a call at (707) 253-2723 sometimes we are able to accommodate that.
You may also use the ferry option for a private tour; the lower tour rate and fewer billable tour hours add up to real savings!
Here’s what this day looks like:
- 8:15am – Depart San Francisco Ferry Marketplace Building for Vallejo (by ferry on weekdays, by bus on weekends).
- 9:15am – Arrive in Vallejo, check out the café and the waterfront while you wait for the shuttle.
- 9:20am – The Platypus shuttle will pick you up, collect the other guests and conduct our tour of intimate Napa wineries.
- 9:21am-5:29pm – Nothing but fun fun fun.
- 5:30pm – Arrive at the Vallejo Ferry Terminal in time to catch the return boat to the City.
- 6:45pm – Arrive back in San Francisco.
To reserve seats on this tour, please use our wine tour reservations page.
More detailed information is available in our FAQ section.
Tour price does not include ferry tickets.
Please note ferry departure times. Travel time is approximately 60 minutes in each direction.
On weekends and holidays, the morning run from San Francisco to Vallejo takes place in a bus, rather than the ferry, but a ferry will be used for the return trip in the afternoon.