Platypus Wine Tours features world-class Sonoma and Napa winery tours throughout Central California Wine Country. Their safe, professionally curated wine country tours feature expert commentary by friendly, well-informed associates and visits to select boutique wineries.
Guests will enjoy wine tastings at each winery and learn about the art and science of winemaking from people who are engaged in the processes full-time.
In many instances, the culinary crew at Platypus Wine Tours will prepare a delicious lunch for their customers. And, quite often, guests will ask if some preparation recipes could be shared. And, of course, they are.
While some of their recipes are for foods considered relatively common, the Platypus crew adds some extra “twists” and ingredients that elevate the flavor experience to a higher level. The Platypus Wine Country Tours’ Taco Salad recipe here is another example.
PLATYPUS WINE COUNTRY TOURS’ TACO SALAD RECIPE
- 2 Heads of Romaine Lettuce Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Jack and Cheddar mix
- 1 handful of Tortilla Chips Crushed
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, Small Dice
- 1/3 Cup of Sliced Black Olives
- 1/4 cup of your favorite Ranch Dressing
OPTIONAL: With Meat
- 1/2 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Pinch of Cumin
For Taco Salad with Ground Beef:
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat.
- When the pan is smoking slightly, add the beef, cumin, a teaspoon of salt, and a few shakes of pepper. (Remember to limit the salt since the chips will increase the salt levels of the salad.)
- Cook for 15 minutes or until most of the fat has been rendered and separated from the meat.
- Drain and let cool.
- Set aside.
For the Meatless Components
- Combine the romaine, chips, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Mix in the ¼ Cup of Ranch Dressing slowly, folding in small amounts at a time.
- Incorporate the tomatoes and olives as a topping for color and presentation.
If ground beef is a component of your Taco Salad, add this to the top, as well.
Since this Taco Salad recipe is straightforward, it is a great way to get kids who usually dislike salads and greens to eat plenty of them!
Reserve Your Place for Platypus Wine Country Tours
Wine Country Tours with Platypus Wine Tours are the safest and most enjoyable ways to visit wineries in the region and learn about many variables of the winemaking process. Moving from place to place in a comfortable, well-equipped vehicle, you and your group can relax and enjoy the incredible scenery throughout Napa Valley or Sonoma County without worrying about driving and navigating.
To reserve space for a future join-in or private Sonoma or Napa winery tour of fascinating boutique wineries and vineyards, visit the Platypus Wine Tours website. The best part is leaving the driving to others while you enjoy the experience, expert commentary, and world-class wines as you move throughout the region.
If you have questions or wish to make your reservations directly, phone Platypus Wine Tours at 707-253-2723. One of the Platypus professionals will gladly assist you in scheduling our wine country tours for you and your partner, family, or business associates.